View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
Ridge Runner

Fortunately, we have not had a problem with the hydraulics on our unit. However, I have had several tractors with hydraulic buckets, backhoes, etc. I never had a problem with air in the lines with any of them. I have had to replace several hydraulic lines that were damaged. All I had to do was remove the old line, put on a new one and fill the hydraulic reservoir with hydraulic oil. The first time the equipment was used after replacing the line (for example, the first time the bucket was raised), I could tell there was air in the line because the hydraulics would not operate smoothly (kind of jerky). But after the bucket was raised a couple of times it would be as smooth as ever. I guess the system was self bleeding. You would think that the hydraulics on our campers would be designed the same way. Also, if you parked a tractor with the bucket in the air (not resting on the ground) and over time the bucket got lower to the ground, then the hydraulic cyclinders needed new seals. Whenever that happened, I would remove the cylinders and take them to a hydraulic shop and have them rebuilt. It has been 3 to 5 years since I had one rebuilt, but it used to cost about $75. My guess is that if when you move one slide and it causes another slide to open there is something wrong with the valve for the slide that opened unintentionally. My recommendation would be to find a good hydraulic shop to help you find the source of the problem and come up with a fix. It sounds like Lippert is either unable or unwilling to fix the problem.
Ridge Runner is offline   Reply With Quote