View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #9
Deb Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
SilvrT,
Hope the new unit works out as you plan. One piece of advice as to weight of 'stuff'--take the trailer straight to a scales BEFORE you add anything to it for camping/living. Get all the correct figures for the axle weight and the pin weight. Once you have these numbers, you will know where you stand for adding your 'stuff'--but probably the trailer as you pick it up will weigh MORE than you think, and your 'stuff' will also weigh more than you think. 'Stuff' also seems to gain weight just sitting around, kind of like us...
Again, can't emphasize enough that you weigh it BEFORE you start adding anything--you will never again have this chance to know where you stand before making it yours--don't take published weights or anything they tell you for gospel.
Joe
this is a great way to put it... "It will way more just sitting around". i think it multiplies while its waiting and gaining too

i remember the lady behind the scales counter said well just go empty it and we can weigh it again . ALL my worldly possessions it took me and both my adult kids helping me over a month to downsize and get me situated and she thought id be able to empty all by myself right there at the truck stop scales. yes weigh first. i hear it can cost lots if we try to plead ignorant and are over weight at random highway stops. so i have been to shy to throw money at that issue again. i am curious tho too. but not that curious . luckily everyone i run into says there is no way i am over especially since i am the only one this thing has to fit.
Deb Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote