View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #10
Deb Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
That is a heck of a read...but after going thru it all, not sure what I got from it.
i just spent my first winter full time this year in a 2008 rockwood 8265Ss signature ultra lite with a malfunctioning converter so hardly no gas heat to suppliment built in little electric fake fireplace thingy. i do use an electric heated water hose some people thought was neat as they would watch for hard freeze warnings and unplug and i did not have to worry. also some have told me that when its time to run the water not just let it drip. it must run so the sewer line stays flowing. i was not in cold long enough for that.

i wanted to be prepared but ran out of time and got caught in New Orleans in deep ice snow mix mess those three days i did not put out my slides for fear of accumulation but found out and was amazed how warm it stayed in here that way. . i also used my old house trick of hanging huge blankets or tapistries over the window and their wall. those also help keep out overzealous led light displays that have become so popular with some campers. lol like sleeping in daylight.

sorry tho the coldest i noticed regularly was only down to 20° and know growing up in northern ky . i dont think if i would care to pay to keep this place warm thru an ohio winter.
Deb Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote