View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #22
porkchop

I ordered it from Camping World a few weeks ago when they had a sale & free shipping. $1299 if my memory is correct.
We have a Carry out automatic that we've used for 4 years that I really liked for all the mentioned reasons such as missng trees. Works well and is easy to set up. Wind does not bother it at all. I set it on the roof and it never moves. If we only stop for a few days I sometimes set it on the pinbox or the ground. Put it on the roof to keep it out of the way and away from the lawn mowers. Down side is it's a pain to store and the dish is small enough that sometimes it really struggles to lock in.
We use Dish because we have always had it at the house and they gave me a free 2nd receiver and only charge $5 a month extra for the 250 channel HD package. (Over what they charge for the house)
When we get to the RGV for the winter I just call them and change our local channels to this zip code and all is well. Actually, you can call and change it everytime you move if you want, but we don't. Only do that when we are going to set for a while. The primary advantage of that is I can tape the news while I'm doing other things and then watch the news and fast forward thru the commercials.

Bill
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote