View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #20
zqueenz

Hi Terry!! I am a NACE Certified Inspector/Utility/Environmental Inspector on pipeline projects as well. I recently purchased a used 2009 DRV TKSB3 (very lightly used) unit and I am in love with it but I have already had some issues, such as the Dometic fridge. One night I got in at 10pm (late night on job) and had a huge leak all over my kitchen floor. Come to find out it was coming from my fridge. Had 2 issues....first issue, had to shut off water line to fridge because line in back of fridge (which can be reached at outdoor panel on slide) was sitting against heat element and burned hole through line causing massive leak. Shut off valve under sink. Problem kinda resolved. Ugh!! Then I had more water leaking in drawer under fridge. Did some looking and and defroster in fridge was clogged/frozen plus water that did get out to panel in back was not draining out vent. the ribbed hose they put in for defrost drainage was brittle and falling apart at the touch. I tried to do a temp fix by purchasing a hose to connect to it and drain out vent but original hose kept breaking!! UGH!! More leaks!!! I need to pull my fridge out and replace line completely. Not a happy girl here.
Look at back panel to fridge and make sure none of your lines are touching heat element or can move around to touch it. Also check defrost line at rear panel; if it is a white ribbed hose have them replace it with something that doesn't rot out and more durable.
Hope this helps!!
All in all I do love my DRV!!! It is my first fifth wheel, just wish I had better luck.
I think you will love your unit!! Good Luck!!!

Yikes to SD!! Have worked the WY winters before and they are awful!! Out in PA and WV right now and past 2 winters have been decent, nothing like WY, CO, or UT.