View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
rotaxman

Quota

Terry,

First off welcome to the forum.

I will be attacked by the cheerleaders for this post but don't really care what they think as they don't have a large pile of money tied up in a junk trailer.

That being said I had an 06 that I really didn't like when I first got it but as it turned out it was almost a zero defect trailer and served me well. But getting want itis leads you to do something that hardly ever works out for the best hence this junk 09.

A large part of how good or bad your trailer will be is dependent on when it is built. If your trailer ends up being a quota trailer then you can expect to have a very large and wide variety of current and on going problems. When the Amish craftsmen are trying to make quota its Kattie bare the door on short cuts.

Also there have been some problems with Lippert frames I have one of those and it pretty much makes the trailer junk. If you find any and I mean any problems with slides fitting in the holes or the entrance door not fitting or closing correctly be sure and have that problem resolved.

Also if you see trim that is not straight going down the side of the trailer or the rear storage compartment doors on either side of the trailer not latching properly on the door catches on the side of the trailer that could be an indication of a frame problem. If they can not resolve the problem without making a frame repair I would reject the trailer.

The advice that was given to you about Paul Cross checking your unit out before you take delivery is very good advice. Paul is very well versed on all of Drv's short comings. He is the guy that diagnosed my defective frame problem. He did it over the phone and was dead on.

Also as mentioned by other posters the fiberglass insulation is a poor choice as it will sag after time. In this 09 there was no insulation under the floor in the front closet.

Good luck with your purchase I sincerely hope that you get a good unit.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750