View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
Wisc-Mike

Thank you for all the advice and suggestions! I have been struggling with this decision for a month now. The pros and cons are pretty close as the split responses also show.

One of my big concerns is the inconvenience of getting the repairs done. If service was easy to find and completed in a reasonable time, I could easily justify the $2,500. for the peace of mind. But we camp in remote locations away from big cities.

Has getting service/repair work on a Mobile Suites on the road been hard to find? I called several local RV dealers; only a very large RV super store said they would work on it. But the service writer did not know what a Mobile Suites by DRV was. Scary!

The plan we are looking at is transferable or pro-rated at time of sale.
The plan is funded by a chain of large RV dealerships with a common owner. Seems reasonably secure. They did this after a previous one they sold went belly up leaving them with a lot of unhappy customers.

The coverage is close to Good Sams from what I have read from both.
Maybe not as strong in finding approved/preferred service locations.

The Quote from Good Sam was only for 3 years. They would not give me any idea how much the next 4 one year contract would cost so I could compare more fairly. Do the Good Sam contracts go way up in price after the first 3 year contract?

Again, Thanks for any help or suggestions!
I plan to be as helpful as I can in sharing what I find for problems, fixes and maintenence advice. I have already learned a lot from this forum already.
Wisc-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote