View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #7
oldbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhagfo View Post
My guess if you were getting slammed so hard you thought the rear axle was going to break, your 5er is just beating the he!! Out of your great mask the issue hitch!
Your 5er has a suppension issue, or weight balance issue I see it is a MS so assume it has shocks, does it tow level? Do you have enough pin weight 20% to 25% on a 5er that heavy.
I had a Travel Supreme for the first couple of years having this hitch. I think your right about issue's with the Travel Supreme. It had shocks, I even put 17.5 wheels on it but still had blow outs. I even went to Mor/ryde and got the IS put on. All this helped but there was still a problem somewhere. My Mobile Suites is really heavy, 25% pin weight. I haven't had very many problems with it. I'm level and the TS was too.

HAHA, you guys must think I'm from the stone age if you think I use grease on the plate and king pin!! If you don't know about the BD3 it has two big rods on each side that the hitch rides up and down on. It has a couple grease zerts and I probably have been over greasing them.
Glenn 2008 36TK3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote