Thread: Kitchen sink
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #23
RodeWorthy

More troubles

Now Bruce. You don't think I have had enough troubles this trip that I have to go looking for trouble? LOL! Good point on the A/C units though. We definitely have a few Ladys hitchhiking with us. They must be clustered somewhere. The only use for the A/C on this trip so far is for the heat pumps. That 72 in Lakekland sounds great. Temps nice here too -- in the daytime :(

Case in point on the troubles -- the Propane/CO detector has been giving me fits. On 3 occasions (always about 2:30 AM) that thing has been going off indicating a propane gas detection. I shut the propane off just to be sure but it still kept alarming. It must have been detecting something because when I opened the door to let in fresh air it resets. Don't like to argue with my instruments but I have to believe there is something wrong with it. I couldn't stand it any longer so it came out last night. Anybody know how long the warranty is on these things?

To put a finish on the sink thing the parcel arrived from DRV but it did not contain the new epoxy adhesive. It was the original Sikaflex - 252 Elastic Adhesive. Not good for this application. Elastic Adhesive is a good description for this product. When the sink drops the material can be stripped off like one big elastic band. Don't use this stuff to repair the sink.

Thanks for your comments on the jig. It did work out well and was cheap and easy to do. That's me, cheap and easy :)

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote