View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
Motor31

On our rig I spent most of a day sorting out the rats nest of cables and wires that they hooked up at the factory. I found that they had used multiple splitters between the outside cable and sat connectors and the signal switching box. They had also put wires onto the wrong places on the box. Getting rid of the splitters which really screw up the satellite connections made a huge difference. Invest in some barrel connectors so you can splice the cables together for direct feed to the outside. It will help big time. There may also be splitters in the basement just behind the outside cable connector location. I found 2 there.

I ended up tracing wires by hooking up a 1.5 volt battery and jumper wires to the outside connections then checking for the voltage on the inside by the switching box. That sorted out what went where. I did the same with the interior wires going between the bedroom and main TV. At this time most everything works. I have one functional outside connector, the other is dead. It's sufficient for me as we use our satellite no matter where we are and now can hook up the aux. ground antenna to the system if we park in a treed up space.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote