View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
Nattblade

As we know everyone has an opinion, wether wrong or right it belongs to them. After 15 years of driving 80,000lb+semi over 2m miles accident free from coast to coast on roads most of you will never see in weather all you dually’s are in a motel I think Iknow my weight limits behind me
Yes, I agree a 2500 is maxed out with a 3811ms but not over the limit or a safety issue unless you are a white knuckle steering wheel holder that takes 30 minutes to back into a camping spot.
The biggest sales gimmick is overselling someone a vechile they don’t really need and most fall for it.
Again i put effisus on your experience in pulling something this size and controlling your overall weight. You need to feel comfortable and safe.
The difference between a 2500 and 3500. Same cab, same motor, same transmission, same wheels and 8 bolt hubs, same chassis except for rear springs for extra weight and stability which you my want.
If you have only driven something smaller and not larger most people get over whelmed in the whole weight control concept. For you a 1 ton single would probably be a wise choice depending on how far you are pulling it
My wife and I are full time going from coast to coast and having absolutely no issues. Travel safe and ignore the boloney.
Nattblade is offline   Reply With Quote