View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
47hook

Vent or no Vent?

A couple weeks ago I was up on the roof clearing off the remnents of 3' of snow. I managed to kick off the top of one of the vents, the one directly over the bathroom, vicinity of the w/d, also. Looking into the vent I noticed a plug of something, caulk? Tried prying it out and the more I pried around the more I thought that it was there for a purpose. The caulk had kind of a granular consistency, not your normal caulk.

The unit was special ordered without the w/d oem installed (but preped for it), then after it was built I requested that the factory install the w/d and put in the Advantium microwave. They were good enough to bring the unit back into the factory to do so. I mention this to show how good DRV is to work with and also to point out the unit didn't originally have a w/d and maybe they seal up that vent until/unless a w/d is installed. I have used the w/d a lot without any problems.

I quit trying to get out the rest of the blockage and am asking for anyone's idea of what / why that stuff is? Thanks, Gordon.
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote