View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
wingnut60
Site Team

Mason,
I would think that if you have the patience you could utilize the bucket setup to mimic the water tank. Just close the suction from the fresh water tank and open the winterizing line valve. Then submerge the line in the water bucket and try to operate the pump using outside faucet near the basement door. If the pump is ok, it should pickup water from the bucket and operate normally. Then just open and close a faucet as you would in normal use. Be sure not to let the bucket water level drop and allow air into the system, or you will have to start all over again.

Should this test setup get the pump operating ok, then I would suspect an air leak between the water tank and pump. If it does not operate normally, then there is probably something still wrong with the pump.

The pumps are simple devices if it is a good one--if it is bad, then a new pump is usually easy to get and replace the old one...repairs that were made may have not been thorough as to how they tested it based on your complaint--I have always found if it is a pump problem, then best/most economical to do it myself. It is a leak/line/system, then it becomes a process of elimination.

Good Luck,
Joe

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote