View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #12
RodeWorthy

Hi all,
Cyndy already knows this but for the rest of you be aware that I could not start the Xantrex Inverter on one Honda 2000. The 4 6-V batteries were calling for bulk charge. The Inverter tried to start but immediately shut down. The gennie was not in econo-mode.

Your success with a single Honda, or any other generator, will depend on the load applied to it. We are not all rigged the same. The Converter is a 80 Amp charger -the Inverter is 150. 440AH of discharged 6V batteries poses a substantial load for a charger/generator.

I was able to start the Inverter and charge the batteries with the second generator and the parallel kit.

I received lots of advice that the single Honda would charge my batteries. I should have done my homework and worked out the load requirements. I may have made a different choice for my generator.

I am considering installing the Converter to enble battery charging with a single generator. Doubletree eliminates the Converter when you order the Inverter option.

Ultimately, the success of my auxilliary power is dependent on the installation of solar panels. I will have much less need to run the generators then. The two Honda 2000's running with one A/C unit are definitely not quiet. I would not want to camp near me under those conditions.

RodeWorthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote