View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #34
clev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorr1821 View Post
Installed a 7kw gasoline Onan in my DRV but if I have a do over would not do it. The added weigh and loss of storage does not justify it. If you do a lot of dry camping maybe but a portable Honda can also serve you well. It is a big deal to install. You need a special fuel tank with an evap system. Diesel is out because the 6kw is too heavy and the smaller ONAN does not have the power. The added weigh on my install with fuel tank was about 450 lbs. The tank empty was 70 lbs., generator 300 lbs and 15gal fuel. Propane generator is out because it is not fuel efficient.
Yes, rorr, you have valid points. But , I have a 3500 watt Champion that works well if I am careful and selective. It will not work in 105 degree Texas heat because it won't run both AC's. One of the small Honda's would be useless. My 36RSSB3 is 18100 pounds, loaded and ready to go. The 400 pound diesel would get me to 18500. Fuel and tank, about 250 and it's still under GVWR. I won't put the tank in the belly and am asking for suggestions.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote