View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
Notanlines

Kudos to you for going to the scale. Now you know what can be loaded on the hitch. Let's start with the factory figure of 1765. You and Momma will probably load about 900 to 1000 pounds of "stuff" eventually into the RV. When you upgrade a few years down the road that figure will increase dramatically. Loading it from front to rear, most will be at the axles or in front of the axles. That means that about (there's that word) 400 pounds will be added to the pin. Let's add about 150 pounds for battery and propane.
You're going to be about 600 or so pounds over according to the weights listed on your door pillar, but in line with the maximums on your tires.
It is your call. I would venture to say that the vast majority of members here have towed at one time or another over maximum. You certainly can put me in that category. I can neither condone nor disapprove of overweight towing. The most important idea is that you KNOW where you stand and act accordingly. And you took that step by going to the scale.
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote