Thread: convection oven
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
SuiteCook

We also have an Advantium 120 in our 2007 Suite. Mine has 3 different ways to cook. Microwave, Oven/Bake and Speedcook. The glass turntable is used for Microwave and like any microwave you should avoid metal cooking dishes. When using the Oven/Bake (Convection) I use the metal turntable and any cookware that would be used in a regular oven (both metal and glass). As mentioned earlier however the time and temperature should be less than a regualr oven because a fan moves the air around to bake more evenly.
The third cooking method is Speedcook. This is a combination of the first two. Microwaves cycle on and off with the Halogen bulbs so food cooks very quickly, but it also browns like in an oven. When using Speedcook you use the metal turntable and can bake right on the turntable or place an oven safe dish such as Pyrex or corningware on top of the turntable. The only metal bakeware that can be used with speecook is a 6 cup muffin pan. I love my Advantium and use it for everything as I do not have a gas oven.
SuiteCook is offline   Reply With Quote