View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
RickandJanice

WOW! This post really got out of control. :oops:

All I was trying to say was how disappointed I am in the way DRV and Hehr are now handling the window issues. I also find it disappointing that they were replacing windows out of warranty at no charges earlier this year and suddenly they are not. Depends on who is handling the claim? Customer service seems to change with the warranty reps. at both companies. Have worked with two other at DRV and one other at Hehr in the past and was never treated this cold or uncaring.

We bought our unit new from the dealer in '07 even though it is an '06. So it is not as far out of warranty as some may think. Yes, I understand that it is out of warranty and neither company has to do anything legally. I have followed DRV since their inception as a division of Sunnybrook. I have always believed in the quality of their design and construction. I just hate to see their suppliers hide behind their warranty when there is a problem that can't seem to be fixed.

I never said we would not buy another DRV. We did however, buy this unit for the "long haul" and have no intentions of buying another anytime soon. If we did, I would reconsider paying extra for double pane windows again. We would still buy a DRV because they are still the best product for the price and I still believe in their overall construction.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote