View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
Motor31

The leg dropping in transit is not a battery voltage issue. That's a seal issue on the ram. It will only get worse. I dealt with that for almost a year before I got it taken care of. Lippert warrantys the rams for 5 years and they are not rebuild-able. They do not rebuild them because they are cheap chinese rams to begin with and lack good plating on the internals. I had similar symptoms as what you describe.

Eventually you will go away for a day trip somewhere and then come back to find the nose of the trailer is fully depressed onto the ground. A second indicator of this problem is when you can have someone push the extend button then you push the pin box up and the trailer starts to rise.

Swapping the ram is not a hard or complicated job but it will require that you have the nose fully up and a hole under the leaking ram so that you can drop it out of the housing. Then you need to bleed it to get rid of the air. That takes a bit of time. The ram that drops first is likely to be the leaker.

Key item here, the rams often leak internally, that means no fluid on the ground. It just leaks to the non pressurized side of the seal.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote