Thread: Smell
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #19
Free To Roam

2008 Orphan, GS Tourmaster, Mercedes power...5000 trouble free miles, something I did not experience before. I believe I had a unit that was made on a holiday weekend, nothing but trouble. 8 Factory visits in two years, 4 extra for rough suspension, it was never fixed, 4 refrigerator replacements, it was finally marginal, at best, all windows replaced, ALL, most all woodwork, trim replaced, rough ride would move contents around, no matter how carefully you put out the slides, you are going to loose some trim, drawer pulls, latches, something was going to give. Bath vent fan, the residential style, now discontinued, vented into the roof cavity, right, the roof cavity, imagine the engineering genius of that. The cieling fan in the living area, totally useless, sitting so close to the cieling, it could not circulate air. Staples, many, driven throught the pex supply lines feeding the bathroom, why?, I haven't a clue, but, there they were, staples through the pex, water leaking, slowly at first, then pouring out in the basement, slight mess.....many other things, to many to mention, really not even worth going through the list. I don't mean this to be an indictment on DRV, but, this particular unit did not even come close to delivering the quality I thought I paid for.Did I mention the crack that was developing in the siding at the curbside lower corner of front cap? I really liked the livability, but, like previous poster, i was VERY concerned about what I could not see, like the superstructure, all that likley damage from the rough ride.
I just did not want to take a chance on structure damage.
Anyway, i am sure most units are of top quality, this one just wasn't.Period.
Sure don't want to start a spitting match, this one just wasn't up to snuff...
traded it, and, now, that is why I am ...

Free At Last!