Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #9
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Years ago I owned the Weigh-It business where I weighed 5th wheel trailers and trucks along with motorhomes by wheel position. Since I owned a Mobile Suites trailer I seemed to weight a lot of them and printed out the sheet showing all the numbers I had at that time. One thing I found over the years was about 100% of all the MS trailers being towed by a 2500 series truck were over at least one of the magic numbers, GVWR, tire max capacity, axle max rating or a combination of these ratings. Some grossly overloaded, but you don't see these truck littering the highways all broken down with parts snapped off and pieces falling off. Are they overloaded, more than likely yes. Would a larger truck make the towing experiance better/safer probably yes. Did many of these folks after being weighed upgrade the truck, YES. Most anything will move and tow your trailer, it is the stopping part and handeling that is really important for your safety and those around you. I could go on but you get the idea.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote