View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
golf_bears

Don't give up too quickly, there just may be a solution to your IBC issue. I went through the same problem when I bought my F450 in late 2007. I worked with Doubletree and the brake actuator manufacturers. At that time they were close to a solution but I couldn’t wait so moved ahead and put in a second brake controller.

The problem is not with the IBC it is with the brake actuator that is used on the RV by Doubletree. Over the years since electric/hydraulic brakes have come out Doubletree has used a number of different brake actuators.

Find out which (manufacturer) brake actuator you have in your RV by talking to Doubletree. Then contact that manufacturer and find out if they have a fix for the GM IBC. A number of the brake actuator manufacturers have come up with solutions by now.

I bought my rig in late 2007 so did not find a solution then but now a year later someone just may have a solution not requiring a second brake controller.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. If you have any questions just PM me and I will try and answer you.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote