View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
Fulltimer not by choice

Front Jack Failure + Slide / Jacks crossover

Hey all,

Having some issues with my Jacks and Slides.

We have a 2012 Lexington DRV Mobile Suites. It has 5 slides and 6 jacks. When I up the trailer from winter storage last year, I noticed that the front jacks were completely down. I got them up to get the truck under and hitched up and towed the unit to our summer lot. When I went to unload, the front Jacks would not hold the trailer. Worse than that, I noticed that when I would raise/lower the jacks, the slides would also come out???

Finally got the unit unhooked from the truck and mounted 4 x 20 ton jack stands under the unit.

After a bit of trouble shooting, I noticed a leaking valve. I initially thought it was leaking from the jack itself but I pulled the corplas underbelly down and followed the hydraulic fluid to the valve. Lines all look good and clean with no signs of leaking.

I may be wrong or right but this is what I have been able to determine thus far:

Last year we brought our unit to a RV pair shop and from what I can tell, the tech jumped two slide switches together, and very poorly at that! (see electrical board pic). I am thinking this created too much pressure on the valve (circled with arrow in the attached photo) which caused it to leak. I also believe that this valve may be bypassing and directing fluid to the slides as well hence having slides and jacks operating from the same jack switch.

Lastly, the circle on top of the valve bank that is circled in the photo, is "hand loose". Not sure if this is normal or not. It would seem o me to be not normal.

If anyone can confirm or deny this diagnosis or provide their thoughts, that would be extremely helpful.

Secondly, I obviously need a new valve and board (located behind the slide switches in the trailer). The valve should be easy enough to source straight from Lippert but I called DRV and they stated that they no longer carry the board or the wiring designs for the board which blew me away. The price that I paid for the trailer seems awful steep for a "disposable trailer"!!!! Does anyone know where I might find a new board and associated wiring schematics for that board. I was told by DRV that the board is an absolute requirement.

I should also note that I am in Canada. Alberta to be precise. I have had umpteen techs come and look and they are completely baffled and overwhelmed as to what is on the go with our trailer and they have no experience with DRV mobile suite models and have never seen a set up like it before hence why I am posting.

Any help would be great and appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0875.jpg (190.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0881.jpg (124.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0925.jpg (195.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0967.jpg (178.1 KB, 11 views)
Fulltimer not by choice is offline   Reply With Quote