View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

Over the years, I have learned that a 50amp extension cord can be real handy at times, but storage is always a problem. Usually, the 25' that came with the trailer + 25' extension fit every situation I ran into. It is really the pits to get all set up and find yourself 2' short of the pedestal---so, always be sure you can reach the electricity/water/sewer before unhitching.....
Sewer--many new brands on the market, I use Rhino. If you get the cheaper generic available, they will develop pin holes from wearing against the ground/floor of the storage area. I have 25 + 10 extension. A clear elbow to fit the drain will help to know when all the black tank is clean.
Setup--this should depend on how often you move...there is a routine that fits only you that will come to you with experience. 1) Spot the trailer best you can--straight to site lines (only for my personal satisfaction). 2) Be sure trailer is safely spotted to prevent movement--a chock system usually is needed to prevent movement. 3) Be sure trailer is level left/right before unhitching, using blocking/other methods. 4) Lift of truck and move it away from trailer. 5) Level front/rear with front jacks. 6) Hook up utilities. I usually hook to electricity just after leveling left/right, then do all the rest.
You will develop your own process after many moves and mistakes, happens to the best of us...
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote