View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #20
Srosa

To the OP, this is my first DRV so I can’t compare it to prior years. I can compare it in a useful way to another “luxury” fifth wheel brand (now defunct). The DRV seems superior in many ways but where they majorly fall short, based on my unit and many of the complaints I’ve read about, is water sealing performed at the factory.

I’ve purchased and USED seven RV’s and even the low end toy hauler I once owned, came from the factory with professional grade factory side caulking and proper slide roof membrane application. Why DRV would choose to scrimp in these critical areas is baffling to me.

My 2018 38RSSA had water penetration (slide roof and wall) while sitting at the dealer waiting to be sold. Even though it was repaired in the field, it was certainly bad enough to be given “used” status by DRV and was sold to me as-is at a heavily discounted price. I was of course given a boxcar load of BS about the trailer’s as-is status by both DRV and the dealer but I’m still thrilled about the deal.

I love my ‘18 38 RSSA but unless you’re committed to diligence with inspections and sealing (I’m a fanatic), stay away from this brand.
-Steve