View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #8
rogermack50

Elliot-Maine,
Thanks for the reply, RV lanes by Pilot are extremely rare to find and none of them fit into my stop schedule, there were only 2 on my entire route of I-84, I-81, I-64, I-95, I-4...I know Trucks are there main business of the Truck Stops, catering to them but the planners should have had to insight ito the RV industry and added just one gas spout to each lane,, No cars would ever want to wait behind a truck filling up 200 gallon tanks...but a Gas RV would rather wait his/her turn rather than attempt to squeeze into a car only gas area...I imagine most people with Rv's are Gas, with the cost of diesel pushers and Trucks Being an average of $25,000 + more than a regular gas truck and Diesel pusher Class A's out of sight that leaves 2/3 of Rv'ers with my exact problem, where do I go...No one thinks of that before buying so we are trapped without considerable planning. there is a Diesel pump at every regular gas station that i know of near i live, so why can't they have a Gas pump in every lane at Truck Stops...I know now that means new tanks etc, they aren't going to do it, but still they missed a really big market and it effects so many travelers...OK, I vented but it really upsets me that I have to leave on a trip with a lot of worry and doubt when I should just be getting ready to relax and enjoy the road.Enough said and nothing against you Elliot just I wouldn't have bought a RV if I knew this a head of time....I'm about to post my Day 1 plans after many hours looking at zoomed maps, Exits, Gas Stations etc if I'm wrong about being able to get at least 212 miles per tank in my 36 gallon tank, I am screwed...I will bring 2 to 4 extra 2 1/2 gallon gas jugs just in case...people suggested 5 gallon Jerry Tanks but 5 gallons of gas is to heavy for me to lift...thus the 2 1/2 gallon tanks..
rogermack50 is offline   Reply With Quote