View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #6
psikora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Roger, semper fi, brother! From a TOTAL Marine Corps family! 67-71 and 69-73. I simply cannot help you with any of the exits for fuel along your route, but I can remind you that 2 nice quality jerry cans will give you about 90 extra miles should your planned stop not work out the way you planned. Securely stored in the front of your truck bed, I don't see a problem. Luck to you, my friend.
I like Notanlines suggestion a lot. We're gonna do that on this year's winter trip from NY to FL, but with diesel. Easier for us with diesel at the truck stops but so much more expensive.

And I like you're 91 route. i don't know why we suffered through 95 but no more, which will also be so much more cost-effective.

FYI, as we were coming home from Canada this year, GasBuddy lied to us about a truck diesel stop and by the time we recovered, we were on fumes. Wound up disconnecting the 5th wheel and going to a car place for diesel. While I would never PLAN on doing that, I was surprised how do-able it was. I guess after a few trips it gets to be second nature.
psikora is offline   Reply With Quote