View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
ken&kat

This is my first time to reply to a post on this forum so bear with me as it may not be correct. We have had problems with our grey and black water valves being very stiff to operate. We were at the factory in Howe in August where the valve cables were lubricated very well but it made almost no difference in operation of the valves. It was suggested to me by Jimmy who was the mechanic at DRV that worked on our RV for us to try vegetable oil in the tanks. It worked great and is easy to do.

Simply empty the tanks and flush clean. Allow to drain completely and close the valves. I then put part of the gallon of vegetable oil in and grey tank and the remainder in the black tank. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then stroked the grey valve part way open and closed quickly. It was easier to open and close on the first stroke and got easier with every stroke after that to a point of almost no resistance. I then did the same process with the black water valve that was almost impossible to close before starting. The black water valve is now operable with very little resistance. Since August I have repeated this process only once to keep things slick and operating well and I will continue to do this any time the valves get hard to move.

Try it, you will like it.
2009 Elite Suites
38TKSB3 # 4819
ken&kat is offline   Reply With Quote