Thread: 12V Question
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
sigo'suite

However, in all fairness to DT, do they have any way of knowing how to check the date of manufacture? If not, how do they know what the Interstate distributor delivers to them.
Next, how can you be assured the dealer is not just shooting from the hip?
In looking at my batteries I notice that the sticker on the battery begins with the year 1 and ends with 0, thus it is a 10 year sticker which can be used "ad infinitum" Would be real easy for the dealer to make the flying asumption that it was manufactured in 01 because of the sticker which would be totally bogus. He is assuming the customer will be none the wiser. He may be right, but I would sure check further.

Another lesson here: Scratch the little thingy's off the battery for the date corresponding to the date of purchase/or manufacture of your rig!!

Sorry I could not have had the following info for you sooner! Having just acquired this info, I have serioius doubts that your battery was manufactured in 2001.

IGOTJAM , I called the Interstate distributor in Ft. Worth and talked with Ray. I have 6 volt batteries and on the top of one of the posts is a "5 G". My batteries were manufactured in July of '05. My batteries were virtually right off the production line when installed in my rig the end of July '05.
Call Ray at 817-429-2042 and he will be glad to tell you the date of manufacture of your batteries. Be standing by your batteries when you call or have numbers written down to give him when you call.

6volt Deep Cycle - $110.95 each suggested retail/with your old cores returned, otherwise there is a core charge.
I hope you kept your old batteries or can get access to them. If not I would be raising a stink with someone.[/b]
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote