View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
RodeWorthy

Ponch, I thought that you determined you had electric brakes. Maybe you are considering upgrading to discs. If you do upgrade to Kodiaks, what actuator will you use?

I contacted Carlisle, the manufacturer of the current controller DT is using for disc brakes and they said not to use the GM integrated controller with their actuators.

The GM integrated controller is a modulated (pulsed) device that is designed for electric brakes. That method is detrimental to disc brake actuators. Why GM (or Ford) has not recognized the need for a disc brake controller is simply amazing to me.

The Carlisle rep said they were working on it but no solution at hand. Lools like you will need a 3rd party controller. At same time I contacted supplier for Jordan controller and their new controller is not yet available either. I think I am going to give the Hensley TruControl a try. It has a money-back guarantee if you don't like it.

Carlisle does have a kit for the Ford integrated controller that will work with their, and only their, actuator.

You have been towing with the new truck. How is the controller handling the MS braking up to this point?

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote