View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
RodeWorthy

More on Propane Gas Detector

This is further to information on errant propane alarms that got started in another thread:

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...?p=22534#22534

It was bad practice on my part to open this topic in another thread. Sorry - hope this fixes it.

After receiving several propane alarms - mostly in the middle of the night - I removed the alarm. After reviewing my options I reinstalled the alarm and it went through its sensor cleaning cycle for ten minutes before for going into the armed state monitoring for propane and CO. We have now had a week with no alarms and the unit is working properly.

It appears the alarm only goes into a sensor cleaning state when it is first powered up. I don't know this for sure but that is what apprears to me to be the case. At the time of the alarms we had been on the road for over a month and the 12V switch had never been turned off since we started out. It may be that the unit just needed to go through its cleaning cycle. The easy solution to this is to shut the 12V switch off and then back on to allow the unit to do its housekeeping. The right LED will flash green while it is in the cleaning mode.

I will report further if this theory is destroyed with more 'false?' alarms.

This is not to discount the valid reports of others in the the thread quoted above.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote