Thread: Lippert Frames
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 AM   #15
morscuba

Sorry guys gotta add my 2 cents.
After looking at the pics, I'd be willing to bet the farm (and the RV) that he "jacko" did in fact hit a pot hole or curb or some other wonderfull road hazard that we all know are out there lurking. I'm not trying to defend Lippert or Doubletree. But as most of you probably have witnessed. STUFF happens. If you have ever been to the first rest stop On I 70 going into Missouri from Ill. Or been doing 65 when you enter the construction area 435 bypass around KC, or for that matter a good portion of I 40 going through Ark. and don't forget the 65 through Birmingham or Montgomery. You travel enough and its not a matter of "IF" its a matter of "when" you have a close encounter of "crap where did that come from".
I'm giving Jacko the benefit of doubt that it was a road hazard, and not the fact that he coulda made that turn just a little sharp and hit that curb or parking stop in Wally Worlds parking lot. The coaches aren't designed to hit stuff.
As for the rust,,, I have wintered in Key West and spent a buncha time in Ft Myers and the rest of coastal FL. and its full time job keeping surface rust off of anything including chrome. And its not a matter of weeks try days.
Sorry if I offended the folks that are ready to throw rocks at Lippert. But just gotta agree with the guy that said "pot hole"