Thread: Lippert Frames
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 AM   #13
JPHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47hook
Not saying it wasn't a bonafied frame failure, but there is more there than is being said, me thinks...
What do you think there is more of that is not being said?
My last 5er is still sitting in my back yard along side of the MS, an 03 Carriage Cameo, it has some surface rust also. It is now owned by my son but stored in my back yard. When you look at how Carriage installs their spring hangers it is a much better setup. They weld plates along both sides of the frame, it gives much more area to weld to.
I have had the MS weighed 3 different times, the day I picked it up, at the first MS Rally in May of 06 and the first time we towed it to Florida for the winter because I knew that was when it was the heaviest, never have I been over weight on the axles. The MS gets washed on a regular basis and waxed twice a year. I painted the frame area that I could get to one time. Sorry I couldn't get to the inside of the box tubing or even the inside of the frame unless I took the underbelly down. I check the air pressure in the tires before moving the trailer, EVERY TIME. Keep the spring shackles greased even though it was a pain to get to the zerks.
I don't know what more I could have done. If this is from salt air then maybe DT shouldn't be selling these units along each coast and also tell potential owners not to tow them when there is road salt present.
Please do tell if there is more there than what is being said, I would love to know what caused it besides what Lippert told me, POTHOLES.
Cape May, NJ & Fort Myers, Fl. and anywhere else we decide to roam.
JPHarris is offline   Reply With Quote