View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Motor31

Wingnut.

I am assuming you are having trouble with the outside cable connection. The factory put in a SPLITTER in that line. The splitter is a signal killer for satellite. On my rig I threw the splitter away and use a single outside coax connection. the other one is not hooked up to anything. I have an A / B switch inside the unit next to the control box that determines which feed the control box will use, outside dish or built in dish coax. I got the switch from a real electronics store, not a DRV make do "solution".

The coax in my rigs seems to be RG6 which is fine. What they did with it by installing splitters is not fine. I got the bedroom TV and outside feeds to work properly when I spent a long day untangling the rats nest of cables they threw in the unit and got rid of both of the signal splitters they put in it. Since then both TV's have worked the way they were supposed to.

IMO the coax and controller installer was having a two 6 pack day when he wired the rig and the guy who designed the entertainment wiring "system" was on a 4 week bender.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote