View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
Hobo

Re: 2007 38RL3 Elite Suite Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunship Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarlak
We have had major troubles with my new 2007 38RL3 Elite Suite. Since we took delivery on 29 March 2007 the coach has been back at the factory twice for major slide problems and numerous other major problems, IE: Microwave blew up, had to replace, roof mounted satelite dish had to be replaced, Dining table turned toward window so as not to be able to open extra leaf in table, remotes for living room tv in no shape or fashion works. screw sticking through bathroom wall and out the other side. Major leak under bathroom sink We did our homework for 2 and a half years before deciding on this coach. I wished now that we had shopped longer. Where is Doubletree's Quality Control? Out of the 5 months we have owned this coach we have only been able to use it 2 months.
Disappointed in Virginia Beach Va. Outdoor Resorts

Your post left me scratching my head. Here's why...

"Microwave blew up..." Blew up? You mean pieces flew everywhere, fire, and damage? Or did it just stop working? Anyway, Doubletree doesn't make microwaves. Sounds like a GE problem (if yours is GE).

"...satellite dish had to be replaced" What was the problem with the dish? Again, if the dish is faulty it's a manufacturer issue. Maybe DT could have checked to see if it was working before it left the factory.

"Dining room table turned toward window..." Huh? Couldn't you just turn the table yourself? Did you check to see if the bracket screwed to the back of one of the legs was removed? The table is screwed to the floor to hold it in place during transit.

"...remotes..." Batteries installed? The remotes work. People complain about the complexity of the A/V system all the time. You just need to figure out how they work.

"...screws..." Yes. That's a DT problem.

"...leak under bathroom sink." Yep. DT's problem.

I want to sympathize with you but when you list "table turned the wrong way" as a major problem, well, I just can't.
I don't care if DT only does the assemble of parts all made by a 3rd party. The bottom line is they chose to use these parts, they are responsible for what suppliers they use and the quality of the assembly proses.
If I buy a AC at Wally World I'm not going looking for the manufacture if it goes bad, I take it back to WW. If they don't take it back they are the sh--ts not the manufacture, for not standing behind what they sell.

I'll never buy another high end RV as none of them are what they should be. I'll get a mid rang and use the $20K I save for repairs that seem to be inevitable.
Lemon Tree 04 MS 36TK3 #0886
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Find me at https://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=2000
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote