Thread: crank-up dish
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
BobW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
I've had 2 winegard auto seek dishes in the last 4+ years. They are great, when they work properly. Right now the one on my rig has so much slop in the mechanism that a breeze blowing on the dish can change the signal from 99 to 45, dropping the program. I am currently using a small bungee cord to hold it in place. I would rather have a crank up model that I could set up myself and not have to depend on the mechanical device to set the dish. I am on Direct tv so it's one satellite only. I understand that Dish uses 2 so that may be an issue for folks on that system.

I don't care about the price of the dish on my rig. My rig is not some glorified status symbol, it's my home and the antenna has no impact on the value of it. Buy something that works for you.
The dish I'm referring to is the dome type. I also had the uncovered auto seek type and I had the same trouble with the wind you had. The crank up ones also have wind problems. Not sure, but I think all the new ones now have a dome to cover them from the wind.
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote