View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #14
porthole

When I bought our last RV I visited 5 factories. Heartland and Sunnybrook were the top two. We also had a Sunnybrook TT and it was well made (2003). I bought it from a partner at work 2 years old, used it for two years and sold it to another partner in 2009, and it is still going strong.

Sunnybrook's were built with the construction DRV uses, screwed and glued aluminum.
In the end the SB was just too big and heavy for our needs at the time, so we got a Cyclone.

At the time SUnnybrook was alos having growing pains. Several of the top management (5?) did not like where the company was going build and quality wise and left and started their own RV company, IIRC it was Glacier Bay.

I think they got 1 or 2 models to fruition and then folded. The Glacier Bay's I saw were very nice and it was only price point that stopped me from buying at the time. I would say they were similar in comparison when comparing DRV and all the lines below them, both in price and build.

Sunnybrook quality was deteriorating, the Sunnybrook forum started to get a bit negative and one day when I logged in the forum was gone. SB had issued a cease and desist order and that was that.
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote