View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #45
porkchop

Mavis-Did you research the class action problem any? Doubtful you could find a lawyer to take the case. No money for them.Even if you could-each rver would get about enough in the end to buy a bottle of glass cleaner. They are not going to replace windows in a class action suit. You could hire your own lawyer, pay him in advance and MAYBE get new windows. In about 10 years.
I have thermopane windows in my house also. No problem. But I've never hauled my house down the road behind a truck. Has Greg? When he was building custom homes, who did the window manuf issue the warranty to? Greg. And when the warrenty expired did he replace stuff for free? You admit the product was almost 2 years out of warranty. And even if they had failed before your Carriage warranty was up, your window warranty had already expired. One year from the manuf. Period.
"We could all demand the manuf use another supplier" Who would that be? Anyone know of another manuf of thermopane windows for rv's?
I know nothing about Carriage, however, I have pulled this DRV down the road for more than 80,000 miles in the last 3 years. It has 10 windows. Every one is still in perfect condition. I have had 3 other 5rs over the years and put a like amount of miles on them. All had Hehr windows. Not 1 failure. Ever.
I still question the over all failure rate, not just in a single unit. I'll bet it is pretty low.
Maybe you are doing something to cause the high failure rate? Just asking. Expecially since you only travel an average of 1600 miles per year.? Just something to consider.
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote