View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
RodeWorthy

I might have jumped the gun on this one with my earlier post. I could be a tad nervous this close to closing a deal and then discovering something I let get by me. For the most part I have been very meticulous about this purchase. Those that know me would call this an understatement.

I spoke to a Doubletree representative this morning and it was explained to me the warranty policy was modified at the request of customers. Most wanted a longer warranty on big ticket items and were willing to accept a shortened warranty period on little things like cabinet hinges, etc. As pointed out here, many sub-systems with potential for expensive repairs have had their warranty extended. That is a good thing. The actual warranty policy is being sent to me for review.

I suspect this is a good thing for the factory too since the longer warranty for systems will be the responsibility of the manufacturers of those products.

With a chance to let that sink in I have to agree that this makes sense.

This topic has also given me cause to reveiw the necessity of buying an extended warranty from a 3rd party vendor. I usually don't get involved with extended warranties but it may be prudent to take on this added assurance for this purchase.

I will definitely insure the trailer for replacement value with a substantial liablity protection. Click here for a discussion of RV insurance. Highly regarded by many is Miller RV Insurance.

Sorry if I raised a fuss. Mobile Suites remains my product of choice and that is reinforced everywhere I turn no matter how hard I try to test my resolve.

Rodeworthy
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote