View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
RodeWorthy

Re: 2007 Warranty

Whoaaaa!! I thought I had covered all the bases for my pending purchase of a Mobile Suites but I must confess I have not addressed or confirmed present warranty policy. Thank you for asking this very important question. I was expecting a 2-year warranty same as in previous years. Never assume anything. This forum has once again proved to be a tremendous resource for research and information.

I was actually prepared to place my order today but I need to follow up on this enlightenment. Unfortunately that will no doubt eliminate any possibility of getting a 2007 model and we will have to begin again with the 2008 offerings. I hope the trend to reduce warranty coverage does not continue into that model year.

I am curious about the statement:
Quote:
2007: DoubleTree RV, LLC warrants the product(s) that it manufactures for one (1) year from the date of original purchase or the date first placed in service, whichever occurs first.
In what instance would a product be placed into service before the date of original purchase?

Also with:
Quote:
DoubleTree RV LLC offers additional warranty coverage on certain parts and components, up to three (3) years......
Does this mean Doubletree actually warrants those parts and components for the 3-year period? Or does it mean this coverage is offered in the same sense options are "offered" at extra cost?

My plan involves changing out the axles to Mor/Ryde IS axles and that company has a 5-year warranty on their work and product.

From what I have learned about these products a two year warranty is a minimum requirement in my book and provides a comfort zone that I can live with. I am aware of owners who are reaching the end of their 2-year warranty and are still trying to get issues resolved that were noted at delivery.

Doubletree has claimed to have improved their quality issues of the past with 100% in-house PDI inspections and other QA measures. Most companies that profess to offer better quality will back this up with longer warranty periods - not shorter. This is disturbing.

Rodeworthy

On Edit I didn't mean to hijack the original question about insurance. The company we deal with here offers replacement insurance but it is probably only pertinent to Canadian residents.
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote