View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Gunship Guy

Newmar use to offer a 3 year warranty but dropped theirs to 1 year as well. One year seems to be the industry standard but it sure was nice when DT offered the 2 year warranty to set themselves apart a little.

I'm insured with Progressive and have total replacement coverage. I usually insure everything with USAA but they would not cover my HDT since they only have it in their database as a commercial vehicle and weren't willing to change it even though my truck is registered as a motorhome. Progressive was willing to cover the truck but required I insure the trailer with them as well in order to show my intent not to use the truck for commercial purposes.

I'm paying for "fulltimer" coverage because the trailer is kept in a campground and I use it whenever I pass through VA. It didn't matter to Progressive that I only use the trailer occasionally. They were more concerned that if it should burn down it could potentially take out the trailers, motorhomes, etc around me. My truck premium is lower than what I was previously paying on my 1 ton. Trailer insurance is higher so it all balances out in the end.

BTW...I could never bring myself to use the word "love" when talking about any insurance company.
Gunship Guy is offline   Reply With Quote