Thread: LEDs for inside
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
wingnut60
Site Team

In the 5 years we have had this trailer, we never had to replace ANY of the factory lights. I went to LEDs mainly to conserve battery power when dry-camping, and my wife and I really like the 'cool white' light they give out. Costly, yes, but....just have to cut back on beer for awhile.

Another reason for the replacement of the incandescent bulbs was the heat given off--you cannot touch either the reading pod lights or the spots over the island for some time after they are off.

The pod lights are a flat disc with 2 prongs on the edge--I don't have the number handy, but you can find them at any LED source. They are the ones I replaced first, think there are 11 of them. Liked them so much, went looking for the globe fixtures and the spots over the couch. So far, the only ones not done are the 2 lights on the wall behind the couch.

The world of replacement LEDs can be very confusing, and is still that way to me. Even with the old bulb in hand and talking to the LED vendor, I have made a couple of mistakes in what I ordered.

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote