View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #17
djo

fiverdriver,

I talked to a dealer who could tell I was was skeptical in what a "dealer/saleman" would tell me so he gave me a DT representatives phone number who I talked quite extensivley with about towing and other issues.

The rep said as long as the receiver was "professionally installed by a legitimate installation business" that there was no problem with him. I guess that may make that business liable if there is any problems towing? The rep was very clear about how the MS could handle towing with it's strong frame and construction. I do not remember the reps name.

I know I did not mention an exact size cargo trailer to him just that we wanted to tow a small one. Our 12' v-nose cargo is the same as a typical 10' box type cargo trailer, it weighs around 900#.

We've towed a few thousand miles now with no problems (knock on wood). And my husband backs the MS to the cargo hitch right on with the back-up camera that is aimed staight down to see that.

When we were interested in this idea, and had seen it done, I sent a message out like you did. I did not get any helpful replies, one reply was "why don't you leave your toys at home!" and that set off a chain of replies in that area. I hope this is helpful to you.
2006 Mobile Suite 36TK3 #3052
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel
2007 Harley Heritage
djo is offline   Reply With Quote