View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #15
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
This instalaltion sounds not that bad, but I don't like the idea of cutting the underbelly cover, and I don't like the idea that I lose power to EVERYTHING if the pedestal we happen to plug into has a fault, even though the fault might be of no concern to, for example, lights or other non-sensitive equipment.

Is there any REASONABLY effective way to secure the portable unit? (The provided locking tab seems pretty flimsy, and would likely deter only an amateur. Any large hand cutter would go through that tab like butter I would think.

Jim G
Jim,

I'm posting a picture below of our basement area. In the photo, look to the center right and behind the sliding door. You'll see a piece of plywood that has a number of components mounted on it. The square box you see is the transfer switch that is at the very end of the plywood. When our Progressive Industries unit was installed, Slade mounted it near that square box. Then it is close to the closet inside where he mounted the remote display.

I wasn't there to watch when he was installing the PI system, so he might have moved some of the other components on the plywood to the side to make room for the main unit.

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote