Thread: %off MSRP
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
Pat L.

Well let me throw in something that no one has mentioned. The dealers are known to change the MSRP and it is legal. When we got the spec sheet from our dealer, which we will never go back to, all of the prices had been blanked out. But I did see in the salesman's book a MSRP number that he was working off of. Later I contacted the factory and they sent me the original sheet that was about 8k less than the number they were working off of. So armed with new info I proceeded to beat the hell out of the deal. Walked out and went on our merry way for a few days. Then the dealer wanted to talk which we replied NO. Then the factory guy got involved and made a great deal. The big draw back was the dealer did not do a complete PDI, only about 20%. Sitting in their camp ground for over a week, on their nickel, things started to get done as I found them. Low and behold the factory has been the very best. They have taken care of everything for us. Discount came out to be around 38 - 40%. It was at the end of the year.
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote