Thread: Dometic Fridge
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
Mike2338

I picked up the coach from the dealer. The tech showed me the plate that was loose. It has a single screw to hold it in place that was not installed. The plate shifted and diffused the flame is such a way that caused the thermal fuse to fail. At least that is the diagnosis of the tech and the Dometic tech help line.
The refrigerator has been running all day. It showed 46 degrees when I picked it up. I questioned the high temp and the tech said that when the porter shifted it in the yard the door was opened and it still had not cooled back down.

Well now I am home and the temp is up to 58. The freezer is getting good and cold but the fridge part is not. Temperature in SE Michigan today was 100 with high humidity.

We are heading out in the morning for a few days in Canada on Lake Huron. I will see the temp in the morning to see if we work out of a cooler rather than the refrigerator.

Is there anything you suggest I check before I just let it run tonight? It is running, the fans are spinning and I checked and there is no blockage on the back.

m
Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote