View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
Chad Heiser

I have not routed WiFi cables, but I have routed wire for solar panels. I have done it two different ways.

1. Find an actual vent pipe and remove the cap. You might get lucky and be able to push cables down along side the vent pipe (unlikely, but maybe). More likely is run the wires down inside the vent pipe. Find the other end of the vent pipe in the belly of your trailer. Drill an appropriate sized hole at roof level into the side of the vent pipe. Drill an appropriate sized hole at the other end of the vent pipe in the belly and fish the wires. Cut a notch in the vent pipe cover for your wires (the hole and notch should face rearward). Reinstall vent cover and seal with Dicor. At the bottom of the pipe, seal the opening around the wires with silicone.

2. If your refer is not in a slide, there is usually a gap behind the rear of the refer and the outside wall. Measure carefully and drill a hole in the roof that will come through behind the refer. Fish wires down behind refer to wherever they are needed. Use cable entry cover on roof, facing rearward to cover cables and hole. Seal cover and hole with Dicor.
Chad Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote