View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
keithandpenne

08 F450 Towing Vib's

Have any of you F450 owners experienced any vibrations when pulling away form a stop?

We now have 28k miles on our 08 F450 and since new, we have had a vibration, but when accelerating from a stop and only when towing. It is only detected from 1 to 5 mph, approx 1500 - 2000 rpm and hate to have to start up a grade where high torque loads are required. It can be bad enough to make dash tray items move.

I have had it into several Ford dealerships and so far, they have not found a fix. They have re-shimmed the rear axle, replaced the drive line and driven it a bunch.

They are looking at empty vs. loaded driveling angles now. One dealer said Ford had suggested air springs. I told them I would not do that unless it was installed by FMC (Ford Motor Corp) at their expense as an OEM part. I went with the F450 to get the tow/weight ratings and that I had no issues like this with the old Dodge 3500 pulling the same RV. The Dodge brakes would not stop it.

It is a real pain having to take your home to the truck dealers to get repairs made on the truck, now I know how motorhome owners feel.

I have another appointment (at another dealer) to take the rig in this week and will be weighing it to get currant weights. The last time I weighed, I only had 4350# pin weight. The rear bumper only drops 2 5/16" when I lift the front legs.
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote