View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Motor31

The situation has been repaired. (Knock on wood) We had a cylinder that was leaking and also seem to have had some kind of debris in the fluid. We replaced the street side jack and removed / cleaned reinstalled the valve block body. The front jacks are running better than ever now that we purged the system a bit. I'm crossing fingers that this will take care of the long term hydraulic issues we have had.

Changing the jack meant raising the nose up quite a ways. The cylinder is held to the jack assembly by 2 bolts. One at the top and one at the foot. once the lines are removed and the bolts taken out the jack cylinder and sliding square sleeve slide out the bottom.

The tech informed me that Lippert does not rebuild any cylinders. Any that fail for any reason are scrapped.

I have to give kudos to Lippert as they sent a tech from Oregon to Northern Washington to fix my system under warranty. The tech was very informative and got the job done pretty quickly. It is a job that goes far faster and easier if you can lift the nose way up and have 4 hands to get it done.

Overall I am very very impressed with Lippert service and I am not easily impressed.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote