View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 12:04 AM   #5
Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
That is a tough call--to me, a large fridge is a very important part of comfortable RVing and a happy wife. Is there a competent fiberglass repair shop nearby to take pics of the cap on the to them for a ballpark estimate? Good shops hardly ever replace a cap unless destroyed, easier for them to fix the fiberglass and repaint. Had that done on my '05 and that is the story I was told--very hard to get a correct cap shipped, and most times it gets damaged in the shipping, so they fix them.
Our '05 had the 12' fridge w/icemaker and it was a great addition to comfort on long vacations.
I know!! The fridge size was the struggle, otherwise, it would have been a no-brainer to go with the 2010. If we get it, I was planning on replacing the fridge with a residential model. I have seen some with as much as 11 cu', so I thought maybe that would come close enough to the 12? It also has 4 solar panels and an inverter, with 6 batteries and auto-leveling, which the 2008 has none of those. I guess I should add that to the list above.

I have also thought of resale. Would be it difficult to sell with an 8 cu'? I am thinking possibly, since the seller has had it listed for over a month that I know of.

How much did it cost to have the cap fixed and repainted?
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote